Yep, I'm still feeling it a little. That crunch. That pressure. That OMG-what-am-I-forgetting-to-do panic. It's better than it was -- the transition and damage control resulting from the departure of a former disgruntled employee is about 80% complete -- but then the holidays hit.
I still have shopping and wrapping to do. I still have baking and cooking, and cleaning, and where the hell are all my gift boxes? My new computer still needs some set-up work, and for some reason my camera software and my computer aren't on speaking terms. I have to fight to get any pictures at all to load, and I just don't have the strength for that right now.
There has been some knitting. I'm maybe three rounds away from finishing the fair isle banded bottom of Catherine Parr. I finished a sock gusset -- the same sock I'd managed to knit half a gusset on during the worst of the work crunch a few weeks ago. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at that sock without remember this time in my life. Wish I could show you a picture of it. Someday!
I was going to take off work the entire week next week -- my big plan was to lay on my couch for as many consecutive days as possible with the clicker in one hand and a jug of wine in the other -- but it looks like I have to work at least a little.
But there will be knitting. Oh, yes, there will be knitting. And someday soon, maybe even pictures of knitting.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Have a very happy Christmas, I'll look forward to more of your blog when life settles back to normal and everything is not so stressful.
Cheers and Happy New Year too... Carol
Ps. will look forward to some pic's later on too!
Post a Comment