Just when you think you're getting back in the swing of things....
Just when you've wound off another ball for Fulmar....
Just when you're about to do the decreases on the Clapotis....
Just when you've gone to The Fold for their New Year's Day bash. (Hello? Classic Elite mulberry silk and cotton blend for a dollar-eighty-eight a skein????)...
The flu strikes. Not just any flu, either, but that weird flu that's got people in the hospital, the one that knocks people out for weeks.
I spent four days in bed, completely immobile. Couldn't even swallow water, but I forced myself to make the effort because the doctor said drink water or go to the hospital, and I didn't want to go to the hospital.
I sort of turned a corner yesterday. I can eat a little, and drinking is no problem. I sat up for about two hours in the morning and an hour in the evening. So there is improvement, but that's just to say that now I feel like I have the regular flu instead of some medieval, vermin-borne, wrath-of-god virus.
Improvement, but no knitting. I'm a little stronger today and hope to at least get through a row or two. Of something. Anything. Because I'm starting to get that stir crazy feeling -- today is day six, and there's only so much reality tv one person can doze through -- and I'm really out of patience for the not-knitting thing.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well that sucks! I was wondering what happened to you...I was totally wanting to bounce ideas off you for this lovely steal we grabbed.
Plus, I totally owe you for driving out there...
Oh no, that is just horrible. I"m so sorry that you've been afflicted with the plague! I hope your recovery is a speedy one.
Oh, that's the No-Fun Plan for sure. I hope you are feeling better very soon.
Oh you poor thing! I'm glad you are starting to feel better.
Miriam says "get better soon!" ;)
I sure hope you're feeling much better now.
Gee... you probably were too sick to knit too, and that really sucks!
Best of luck on getting well fast and getting back to Fulmar.
Hope you're back on your feet by now - or at least comfy in a chair to knit!
Post a Comment