--broke the antiknitting curse that some fiendish devil put on me.
The socks are done. I'll never be able to wear them without thinking of the last six months. The car wreck, all the trips to the pain clinic with my grandmother, the endless work hours, and all the other distractions, both good and bad.
I'd say that I'm happy to have them -- and this time in my life -- finished, but the truth is I'm more relieved.
I'm not going to cast on another pair of socks just yet. Next, I hope to finish the baby hat for Panera Larry's soon-to-be-born son. That's a small project, and I'm still just skittish enough to want to keep things simple. There's always the temptation to cast on something new, but practicality must prevail. Even without the hat, I still have three sweaters and a t-shirt on the needles. That's more than enough for now.
3 comments:
There had to have been a blood sacrifice done in there as well! Thank G** that those are off the needles. Congrats! Happy Sock Dance must commence.
Well Done, Sparks! ;-)
I have sweaters on the needles, too - and as soon as these socks are done, the sweaters are next!
Whew! Good knitting times are ahead for you now!
Post a Comment