I've been wanting to show these off for weeks, but my camera wasn't working. Or so I thought. Turned out there's a switch that does things I didn't know about. Pays to read the manual, right? Anyway, now I can take pictures again.
These cuffs were a gift from my batty friend DisGrace as part of our Secret Spook exchange for Halloween. She knit them. Lovely, aren't they? And they fit perfectly. Danger Boy says they're good for superheroes and punching things, and that they make Wii work better.
Over the years I've accumulated a lot of bats as a result of my involvement with this bat writing group, and my nieces and nephews are fascinated by them. I think it's because it's so unusual to have an office decorated with bats. I mean, who does that! Well, I do. The kids have named most of the little bats sprinkled all over my writing and editing corner. There's Batscot, Stretchy Uno, Sparkles, Nocturna, and a few more whose names I can never remember.
The kids are currently debating names for the bats on these cuffs. I voted for Bam! and Pow!, but I think they've about resolved on Scritch and Scratch. They say it's because the of the wool, which feels like a good Shetland wool, very sheepy and a bit crunchy. (Well, they don't know that it feels like a good rustic wool -- but I do.) It's not ruggy, not too coarse to wear, but it's rougher than the cheap acrylic gloves from Old Navy which these kids usually wear. So to them, this is a hallmark characteristic of the mitts and Scritch and Scratch might end up being the winning names.
Which leads me to an important question. How will I ever get these mitts back to myself? lol
2 comments:
Merry Christmas and all the Very Best for 2010.
If you can't get Scritch and Scratch back you may have to knit a new pair!
Those little bats look pretty cute!
We have bats visiting us most evenings circling about in the evening sky!...to eat the fruit off the palm trees. I don't really want to handle one as they can carry a few nasty virus's (eg. Hendra virus.
They do look great though with their dark shapes above!!!
Cheers Carol
Tell them you read a story on the internet about how scratchy gloves aren't good for kids.
Post a Comment