Saturday, March 13, 2010
Eye Candy and Brain Food
Dear Tricia,
You can look, but you can't touch.
That's the Eye Candy. Now for the Brain Food. I just heard of something really wonderful started by a pair of college girls who are tired of bad behavior being left unchallenged. They want to make a difference in this world, and they've found a way to do it. It's called Nickels for Change, and in their words,
Every time we hear something sexist, rape-defending, victim-blaming, or flat-out misogynistic (an also just plain prejudice - whether it be sizeist, classist, racist, ableist, or anything else), a nickel goes into Our Jars. We plan on doing this for a year. At the end of the year, the money will go to a charity that works towards ending violence.
This sounds like a fine idea to me, and I've already added two nickels to the jar. The first is in honor of our friend Catherine who, as I heard it, responded to an anti-gay rant with grace and dignity. The second is due to the comment on the blog where the Nickels for Change initiative was announced. You'll know the comment when you read it. It's the one that says Indian men would stop raping if they got laid more often.
In other news, I spent the afternoon knitting the lace skater's top at Nana's with a table full of people I want to see more often. Great time. Any day now, I should be able to actually share knitting content. Shock, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I watched the video after reading your post. He is so hot that I totally forgot what the post was about and then had to reread the post.
Oh sure! Show everyone our lover. You didn't want to share him with me and now you're going to have to share him with the whole blog world!
I'm going to start putting nickels in a jar for that wonderful cause. Living next door to whom I do, I bet my jar will be filled in absolutely no time. Thank you for sharing the idea!
And by the way, I love him more than you do; I just know I do.
Oh wow. I'm a bit late here, but I just have to say thanks for the support and for joining in! It's good to know that NfC got noticed. ^^
Post a Comment