So, our friend Tammi cleaned out her stash and gave away some of her yarn, including this gem. Malabrigo Chunky. Mmmmmm-malabrigo!
This pointed cowl knit up in about 3 hours, but it doesn't look like the sample pattern on ravelry. (Kerchief Cowl by Adrienne Krey) It was one of those things. You know, those knitting things where you know something is off, and you count and count and read the pattern over and over, and you can't find the error so you just keep knitting. That kind of thing. In the end, I decided I liked it, even it it's totally wrong. And I'm keeping its wrong self and I'll wear it in a wrongheaded sense of pride.
If you want to know the wrong way to knit this pattern, it all starts with deciding it doesn't need to be knit in two pieces. Cast on at the lower point (2 stitches) and work the pattern for that section backward until the triangle part is done. Then cast on enough stitches to match the pattern requirements for the cowl part, join, and knit in pattern -- well, actually, not in pattern, because I decided to spread out the decreases over the sections instead of working them every other section. Then, when the cowl is long enough -- well, I can't rightly (or wrongly) explain what happened at the top there. It's short row shaping, sure enough, but it ends up in the wrong location, and flipped backwards to boot. To cowl. Whatever.
I don't care. I like it, and I'll be wearing it this winter. The end. And thank you, Tamalama, for a gorgeous skein of yarn.
2 comments:
Shut. Up. Do I see TT knitting and finishing...everything is right with the world again.
It's good to be back. :)
T
ps. My word verification is "forred." HOW DO THEY KNOW???
Post a Comment