I wish I could show you a picture of the incredibly decadant Malabrigo chunky I bought last night. It has been in my hot little hands for less than 24 full hours and I've already wound it, knit most of a short scarf, drafted a hat pattern, and knit the brim for the hat.
That's love, baby.
That's obsession.
I can't stop touching this yarn! I can't stop staring at the way the colors melt together. Blues and purples and teals, each more gorgeous than the one before. I have a feeling the hat will be done before the weekend is over. (Assuming I did my math right, which is never a safe assumption.)
I'd show you, but I'm still having camera issues. Here's the problem. Maybe somebody out there will know what to do, because I'm stumped.
I can transfer pictures from my camera to the computer. Except the computer can't recognize new pictures from old. So every time I transfer, I have to wait for all 400+ stored photos to re-download yet again.
And the software won't let me save any changes to the pictures. It will let me get in there and crop and straighten and all that good stuff, but the changes all disappear by themselves. I've tried posting test pictures here, but it always uploads my crappy, blurry, unedited pictures with my thumbs and half a cup of tea in one corner.
So...any ideas?
In other news, I frogged the slippers. That's the second project frogged in the past month. But I have a feeling the malabrigo will bring back some good knitting mojo.
PS. I am Trish's knitting conscience. This is something new for me. Usually I'm the enabler!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm no expert on digital camera's but I think it may be the computer program you are using to catalogue your photo's. I've got two programs,one that came with my scanner and another with my camera...both are really hard to understand. So I use an old copy of photoshop 5...it doesn't actually catalogue the photo's.
I make heaps of folders with different names eg july07, Plants, or Dogs etc. and just stick them there.
Regarding the crop and changes you make to the photos use the "save as" and give another file name (add a number to the original name)that way you keep the original and have a new version.
Another idea may be to associate your photo files with a program you are familiar with, the one you used before you upgraded.
Please disregard these suggestions if you already know them.
Best of luck...computers are crazy eh!
Cheers Carol
Malabrigo is awesome...totally!
I've got two ideas regarding pic's. One is to save the file as a different name then what was given by the camera and the other would be to upload to Flicker. You can post directly from Flicker to your blog. Other then that I could come over one day and help get this solved. And maybe some of your stash would follow me home;)
Post a Comment