This is the Malabrigo Chunky, colorway Whales Road, that will become a hat and scarf for me. This yarn is positively decadent. I hope it holds up well, because it could easily be a new favorite staple yarn for me. It's that wonderful to knit.
This is a blurry close-up of the mock I-cord that will be a hat band. I'm making the newsboy cap from Knitscene Fall 2006, the same issue with the Central Park Hoodie pattern. You start by knitting this non I-cord I-cord -- it looks like I-cord, but it's flat in the back and the stitch count doesn't work like regular I-cord. You start with 91 stitches live on the needles, and knit these back and forth bits that are almost like a cross between short rows and I-cord, and then you end up with 90 live stitches when you finish the row. Very cool.
Peep Fondue
Today was peep fondue day at Nana's. It all started rather innocently. A couple of weeks ago, we were chatting at open knitting about holiday candy, and I mentioned that when I was a kid, we did a peep fondue one time. One of my favorite memories of holiday candy. Seriously, it's delicious. Just melt a little chocolate and dunk the marshmallow peeps in -- ummmmmmmm.
So we peep fondued today with both dark and milk chocolate, and we all got giddy from the sugar, and now I'm remembering the downside of peep fondue. Major sugar crash. Complete with a headache. Bleurgh. Though I suppose I have only myself to blame -- if I'd only had one or two peeps, instead of the eleventy thousand I consumed, I wouldn't feel quite so woozy now.
Also. Peep fondue? Dramatically increases your knitting time. Try it and see how buzzed you get.
4 comments:
And I thought Peep jousting was the best thing I ever heard to do with them.
okay...Malaaaaabrigooooo and Chocolate? I don't think I could deal with such sweetness.
Wow, eleventy thousand laughs, I imagine the needles clacking along eleventy thousand mph. after that sugar fillup...will look forward to seeing the finished artical.
Cheers Carol
My favorite is exploding peeps.
You microwave a peep, peering into the zapper the whole time and try to time opening the door for just before the damn thing explodes. Then you pour rice crispies over it, and eat.
mmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment