Here's the back of the pink wool vest. Seven inches into the armholes. 4.5 to go. Also, that ball in the upper right corner is only ball four. I have thirteen. Which means this vest might end up with sleeves.
Blah blah blah, enough of that. Look what the mailman brought!
Yes, I have Tim Tams. No, I won't share them. Mine! All mine! (And a clever viewer might note the package is already open.)
Tim Tams, for the uninitiated among you, are like the Oreo of Australia. Two chocolate wafer cookies, sandwiched with chocolate cream, and the whole lot drenched in milk chocolate. Dude. These cookies make me happy. Big happy.
Other good things from Australia:
-- Violet Crumbles. Imagine a crunchy honey pillow coated in chocolate. (Imagine, because I won't share these either. Heh.)
-- Chocolate koala bears filled with caramel. Like a chocolate Santa, only Australian style. (These didn't make it into the picture because my dad made off with them. The candy koala rescue posse will be meeting in the front hall in five minutes. Bring weapons.)
-- Wool. Of course! I didn't put it in the picture because I was wearing it and forgot to take it off, but Bron knit me a lovely buttoned scarf. That girl can knit.
Best thing of all from Australia:
-- that book!!! Hot diggity day-umm! I was going to read submissions all weekend, but screw that! I want to read Bron's book! It's not available in the US yet, and I feel downright special for being able to get an advance look at this book from "a thrilling new Australian voice." :D
So, if any of you are looking for me, I'll be the sugared-up reader clutching candy wrappers and turning pages as fast as I can read them. Oh, yeah, baby, that's what I call the makings of a great weekend!
6 comments:
So glad the package arrived safely!
If you haven't finished all the Tim Tams yet, and if you drink coffee, you should try the Tim Tam Slam. First, nibble off each end of the Tim Tam, then insert one end into your coffee, suck until the coffee just hots your mouth, then stuff the entire TT into your mouth - before it disintegrates in an explosion of coffee and chocolate. But do make sure the coffee is not too hot before doing this!
Alas, I gave up coffee, and although some people do it with tea, it is Not The Same.
That should be 'until the coffee just HITS your mouth.'
Sigh. You think I'd check over a comment before posting it to an editormentor.
Oh my! I'm aussie and never heard of the Tim Tam Explosion...on the top of my to buy list!
I have Bron's book on the TBR pile..and is next on the list after I finish Jo Bourne's Spymaster one, I'm really looking forward to it and the cover is wonderful!
Re the pink vest It looks beautiful,soft and I like the 2x2 band, they always look great!
Cheers Carol
ps. thanks for the lovely complement at my blog!
Also Joanne has a blog now too!
http://joannelockyer.blogspot.com/
How awesome is that! Sounds like your weekend was a blast.
I miss me a Violet Crumble. :(
I love Australia too. What a great place.
Post a Comment