Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another One Gone





















This is the cabled cardigan back piece. Or I should say, WAS the cabled cardigan back piece. I was, as the guys in the trades say, balls-on with my gauge. The finished piece was four inches narrower than the pattern specs called for, though, even after I tried to block it wider.

So I spent a pleasant half-hour last night trying to rework the pattern schematics to come up with a garment that would go all the way around me. But this is a very tailored, fitted piece, and I gave up without even fighting too hard.

Check out the kink in that frogged yarn. I wound it into loose round balls to let the yarn relax a bit, and then will wind it into cakes in a few days or so.

My list of KIPs is shrinking, and I must confess, it feels good to ditch things that aren't right. It's liberating. Not sad or depressing at all. This is my mindset when I stare down Catherine Parr, still laying on my kitchen table in all her botched glory. I still haven't decided what to do about this one. It's the toughest call on the list.

1 comment:

A :-) said...

I've been waiting for you to blog for months - and I go away for two days and you blog like mad :-D

And wow - lot's going on - I totally get the project-itis. I had it myself, and have significantly reduced the number of things I'm working on, too - and I finally frogged some project - it was, as you say, quite liberating :-)

Hope you can figure out the Catherine Parr - it was so lovely the last time I saw it.