This is my knitting. I have reached the turnaround point in my stress saturation level -- bottomed out, beginning to climb back up into the land of the normal -- and I know this is the case because I am suddenly possessed by the urge to clean out all my closets and drawers, empty all my bags, reorganize my filing cabinets... you get the idea. When I get busy like I've been since last winter, I can't stop to think about how my life is organized. I just shove things in drawers and cabinets and hope for the best. Then when things begin to calm down, I wake up and realize that my home and office aren't quite where I want them to be.
So today I started the Great Knit Reclamation Project, which begins with emptying out all my knitting bags to see what, exactly, might be hiding in them. Now it is all on my kitchen table. As you see.
The pictures are dim because it is dark and rainy today -- really, the perfect day to start this sort of thing during the lunch hour. Starting with the dark green yarn in the lower left, and working clockwise, we have--
1 - St. Brigid in olive green, about a third done
1 - a cabled cardigan in marine blue, about a third done
3 - two cones of purple Kyoto, swatched but never started
4 - three balls of cream bamboo for a scarf
5 - purple crack in a bag for a lace tee
6 - a disgustingly huge pile of notions, notepads, and medications left over from pneumonia
7 and 8 - two socks in the middle, the green snickets and the plain Malabrigo socks
Starting again with the green St. Brigid yarn, this time lower right and working clockwise, we add,
9 - the fair isle bag of my own design
10 - Catherine Parr, inches from completion
11 - Fulmar, about half done
I have to make some decisions this weekend, not the least of which will be what to do with that Catherine Parr. I hate the lower band on it to the point where I can't bring myself to complete the project. I need a solution that won't disappoint, and that might mean ripping and reknitting.
I think the Snicket socks are done for, too, because I'm just not digging the pattern. And the marine blue cardigan -- despite perfect gauge, the finished piece is several inches narrower than the pattern claimed it would be, and my attempt to block it wider has failed.
Somewhere in my closet is that purple Lady Eleanor. My radar is picking up its vibe now, too.
But these decisions will have to wait until tonight. I have quite a bit of editing yet to accomplish this afternoon, and once that's done, it will be time to figure out the knitting. I'm anticipating a fun Friday night. Just me and my yarn. I can't wait. After I sort through my works in progress, I'm going to pull the yarn from my closet and figure out what I've bought since the last time I logged onto Ravelry for more than five minutes. There isn't much new yarn, but there's enough to keep me busy for a bit. Busy in a happy way. The kind of busy we like.
2 comments:
A friday night sequestered with your yarn sounds like a wonderful way to spend the evening!
Blue much? I think you need to start something in a fuschia/orange/yellow combination -- maybe you'll find something at Stitches? :D
Post a Comment