This is how far I got on the crapotis over the weekend. I did finish the first ball of Gypsy Girl, as I suspected I would. The scarf measures around 26" along the long edge, maybe a little longer. I used my knitting needles to guesstimate the length, and it's hard to measure while trying to keep the dratted thing from curling itself into a tiny, dense, blue and orange imitation of an onion.
This scarf hates to lay flat. Hates. Like, you know the powerful emotion that overcomes a woman when her husband and the father of her children decides to take up with a 24-year-old pole dancer? That's how this scarf feels when I pull it flat. You can almost see the scarf's thought bubble, which clearly reads, "Keep it up and I will slash your car tires, asshole."
Which is why I mostly leave it alone to curl into itself. I like my tires inflated, thank you very much.
Other than that (ahem), it's a good little scarf. Easy and mindless and quick. I'll have to save some yarn to crochet an edging that might help it stop curling. And blocking should help some.
I've laid it to one side temporarily. Mom is coming to town for a couple weeks, so I'm hiding the scarf to preserve the surprise. Trust me. It's okay. There's no shortage of other stuff to knit chez Knitterary. Especially not after the weekend's stash dive, which resulted in not one but two new projects OTN, one of which is very very scary. :)

2 comments:
Lookin' good! Blocking will fix it...mine curled like that and then just like magic it was sensational.
I was just about to say, blocking will fix it, but Kris beat me to it. :P
Post a Comment