Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Tale of Two Fulmars
















It was the best of knits, it was the worst of knits.

Mostly, it was the best of knits.

Knifty Red and I both brought our Fulmars to SnB last week so we were able to take side-by-side comparison shots. Mine is the one which will cover the vaster acreage of my enormous ass. (That would be the one on the bottom.)

One thing mystifies me about our Fulmars. We are using the exact same yarn (Ashland Bay Silver Creek Merino sportweight) and the same needles (size 2 addis). We both got gauge on our gauge swatches. Whenever Red and I have knit companion pieces before, such as the possum mitts last year, we've concluded that I'm the tight knitter and she's the loose knitter.

But look at those Fulmars. Even accounting for the fact that hers isn't smoothed out as much as mine, I think she might have the tighter knit here.

Skinny Report

I'm posting another two pound loss, making three to date. My stash jar contains maybe around 4-5 dollars in quarters right now. Not enough, but not horrible. It's a start, anyway.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kris said...

I think I must be stressed...thus the reason for my tightness;) I love it. It puts me in a state of meditation where I can forget all the hard points of the day.

Congrats on the loss! Even with my occasional cookie, I've lost 3 pounds.

miyamojo said...

Oooh! So exciting to see two of them together! They both look great! Love the colors! My fulmar is hybernating...
Michele :)