And it was not good. Hard to say why. Just didn't feel like the right pattern and yarn combo. So, as any knitter would do in her situation, our knitter shoved the lot into the back of the closet, where the most secret of all knitting magic occurs.
One day, the yarn quite clearly piped up from the back of the closet, "I know what I want to be now." So with a wave of the needles and a carefully articulated incantation ("Malabrigo-Malabrigo, Rowanorowan, Addilicious!"), a cloud of frogged green yarn appeared where once the not-so-good lace half-sock used to be. And mere hours later, this appeared:
Much better.
5 comments:
Oh, that's pretty! What pattern is that?
Much better indeed. Looks like a twisted cable, am I close?
Yep, it's a 2-stitch right-twist. Flows right on out of the 2x2 ribbing. Basically, you just knit a 2x2 rib, but on every fourth round, you twist the stitches to the right.
Oh Yes , they are lovely... it's freezing here, visiting my son in Newcastle Au, and that colour looks so warm and thick...I want some!!
omg I'm a wuss...cold weather, I want to snuggle up in warm woolies!!
Cheers Carol.
Too funny. Much better move to use a ribbing on the leg. I recently frogged a twisted stitch lace sock that just was way more hassle than it was worth.
Post a Comment