Monday, July 28, 2008

Blog Hiatus

My suitcase is packed. I'm tremendously worried about the fact that it closed easily, and I didn't even need to use the front pouches. The last time a miracle like that occurred, it turned out that I had forgotten to pack shoes. But my shoes are in there this time. So what am I forgetting? Something enormous, obviously. I'm not packing any evening gowns this time, but I can't believe that would make such a huge difference in my suitcase.

Special note to Red: Pete and Trudy Campbell not being able to have children -- I called that one! Yay me. I was disappointed in last night's season opener of Mad Men, though. They dropped the plotlines from last season, and this whole episode did little more than hint at resolutions to old problems. And not much new happened. They got a xerox machine and Don mailed a book to someone. O-o-o-o-kay. Here's hoping the next episode isn't such a wheel-spinner.

I've planned a stash enhancement expedition in SF along with some of the other ravelers who will be at this conference. It will be cool to meet this people in person, and the shop looks promising. It's called ArtFibres, and apparently, they make all their own yarns. Should be good. I don't plan on spending much money, but souvenir yarn is never a bad thing. It reminds me of the old days, before Nana's Knitting Shop opened, when the bulk of my yarn shopping was vacation yarn shopping.

About two weeks ago, I put a small box on the floor and started using it as a catchall for things to take to SF. Last week, when it was overflowing, I checked to see what was in there so far.

It was all yarn. Plus two sheets of paper about a shuttle bus.

Even I don't need an entire box of yarn for an 8 day trip, so I pared it down. I'll be taking a skein from the Handpainted Yarn Company -- the flecky blue and green stuff from Stitches last year -- and a skein of Filatura di Crosa's striped sock yarn from Nana's. That's enough to make three socks. It would normally take me a couple of weeks to knit three socks. Plus, I will be going yarn shopping. So why am I sitting here, debating whether to pack more yarn?

It's a disease, and I've got it bad.

See you all next week. As the SnBers gather, I will be tasting the marvels of an Emperor Norton at the Girardhelli shop. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't have to carry lots of yarn with you. They have lots there. Check out Art Fibers on Sutter street.

Kris said...

Oh boy was I left a little disappointed too. I mean, WTF!! But some juice into it people.

I totally thought Don's wife was going to go down on that tow-truck guy... but nothin'.

Hope you have a great time in SF. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Bridget said...

Have a wonderful trip! San Francisco is one of my favorite places.

Carol said...

Have a 'wonderwool'
(oops I mean ful)time in shops!
Will miss your blog while you are away!
Cheers Carol