Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Look, Ma! No Holes!





















So, we could sum up the last six weeks as: construction, car wreck, employee issues, sick grandma, major national conference, and way, way, way too much work. It has been chaotic and at times stressful, but there have been a few good things, too. Notice what's missing in the picture above? Anyone who has been in my backyard the last, oh, two years or so has seen the giant holes next to the foundation. There were another several days of muddy boots tramping through my house and loud noises sloshing the coffee right out of my cup. But in the end, they must have run out of ways to waste time and make messes, because they filled in the holes.

Does that mean the foundation is repaired? Uh. Maybe.

See what else is missing? No more bobcat! No more day-glo orange safety fence! No more lawn, either -- the damn thing was parked there so long, the grass has died and disintegrated.



















There hasn't been much knitting. Less than two pattern repeats for the front of St. Brigid, less than a gusset for one sock. But I did cheer myself up by breaking my yarn rules and splurging on some new sock yarn.





















That's Lorna's Laces Mixed Berries on top, some Regia on the left, and some Fortissima on the right. I picked them up at Ivelise's yarn shop in Benton Harbor, Michigan, during Memorial Day weekend. Isn't it pretty? I wonder if I'll ever get to knit it.

5 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Benton Harbor, Michigan! I've so jealous :)

Lorna's Laces is one of my favorite sock yarns - and such pretty colors ~ all of them are.

Sounds like a difficult spell. Glad you came up for air. Keeping my fingers crossed that your foundation is fixed.

A :-) said...

At least you're on the front of your St. Brigid . . . And what a relief, I'm sure to have that Bobcat GONE!

Glad things are looking up, and hope to see you soon!

A :-) said...

Just me again - I've decided you need to blog more :-D I miss your posts! You've been awarded as an “Honest Weblog.” Come on over to Knit and Run to pick it up.
:-)

Carol said...

So great to have you back on the bloggasphere!
Mine has also got into decline at the moment and I do not have any excuse other than a severe addiction to Safari Scraps on Facebook!!!
So great to see no gaping hole in you home! And the modern day dinosaur out of your yard!

Cheers Carol

Elizabeth said...

I just knit a pair of socks with that exact Regia pattern. Enjoy, and hope the house stuff becomes a distant memory quickly. Best!