Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Miscellany

Nana's Knitting Shop's last week was a sad, bittersweet, angsty time, but I wouldn't have given up one moment spent at that back table. Not one. As sorrowful as the mood was, the chance to spend time there was something I'll always remember with pleasure. It was sort of lucky, actually, that I quit my job and destroyed my wrist (deQuervain's tendonitis, ew) during the final days. It meant there was little I could do beside hang out at that table and talk to people.

On that note, a few promised links regarding our far-ranging conversations of the past ten or so days.

RE: the Globe's recent production of Macbeth, which we gather was staged like a horror movie aimed at teenagers:
The Times of London
Telegraph
Official London Theatre


RE: You can't make this stuff up. It's too perfectly ironic.
Jesus being struck by lightning.


RE: Shetland-spun yarns
Jamieson's history, with emphasis on the difficulty of machine spinning Shetland wool
Shetland Wool Council's discussion of the breed

I'm hunting for the travelogue with the photos of the Jamieson's mill. It discussed the particular carding technique used with Shetland wools. If I can remember which blog that was, I will post the link later.

2 comments:

Laurelena said...

Thanks for the links, Theresa!

Kris said...

Oh hell yes! I needed that. Thank you.