Ishbel 2 is off the needles, blocked, and ready for shipping. Ishbel 3 is presenting a challenge because I can't find the right yarn for it, but the quest continues. If anyone knows of a fingering weight (3-ply) yarn with a slight halo and a natural aran color, I'd be grateful for a tip.
Meanwhile, I finished the front of St. B and started the sleeves. The sleeves should go quickly now they're on the needles.
My other big news -- last week I went out of town an editor, and returned home a publisher. That's right! I quit my job at the publishing company and opened my own! You have no idea how excited and terrified I am of this entire project, but what the hell. You only live once, so you might as well live your dreams.
The new company is called STAR Guides Publishing -- STAR is an acronym of our initials. I'm acting as publisher, and we'll be publishing a series of books on the craft of writing with plans/hopes to expand beyond that. We'll also be conducting online workshops and mini-clinics on a variety of craft and business issues. And we have more plans besides, but for now, this is enough to get started. The web domains have been purchased but we have a long way to go before we'll be able to claim that our website it built -- right now, we just have placeholder pages there, but that's temporary.
I'll be taking on more freelance editing and book doctoring work to keep the money flowing in the meantime. (I've already booked enough work to cover two months' pay at my old job, if you can believe it.) So I'll still be pretty busy, but not like before. Now I know I'll be getting paid a fair rate for all these hours, or I'll be working for myself.
Sign me,
Full of Hope
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you! Best wishes! :D
Me too! I know it will all be a great success :-)
I haven't visited for a while ...I'm a dill!!!
So many lovely projects finished! Love them all...the scarf is to die for!
If it were chocolate I'd eat it all in one go!!!
Best wishes for your new career as a publisher...no doubt in the world that you will be successful!
Cheers Carol
Post a Comment