I have a four-day weekend. My plan was to go to The Fold yesterday, go hang out with with friends this afternoon, and spend the rest of the time knitting and reading at home. (Yes, "days off" doesn't mean I stop reading submissions. I never stop reading submissions.)
I rented four movies to put the cherry on top of the weekend, and last night, as I was knitting a sock gusset and watching the first movie, I got a little twinge in the knuckle at the base of my right index finger. Within an hour, it had swelled to the size of a small plum.
Ice and aspercreme have helped the swelling go down a lot, but it still hurts. I can't knit! Why, why, why does this have to happen this weekend?
So tell me, before I tear out all my hair from frustration -- if you had blocked out some knitting time, and then couldn't knit, what would you do instead?
ETA: My house is already clean. And I don't want to work more than a token amount, maybe just 3 or 4 hours a day. I'm looking for fun stuff, preferably knitting related, that won't strain that knuckle. (cry)
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
well poop.
i can only suggest heading up to Nana's for a little company. Otherwise you could pull out some stash toss it on the bed and roll around it in for a few.
Not that you might find it fun, but going through your pattern collection or winding some yarn is about all I got.
OMG - you didn't get bit by a cat, did you? I know you didn't. I just saw you yesterday. What to do when you can't knit that wouldn't hurt your hand? Hmmmm.
Well, first, do take two Advil (the wonderdrug of the 80's). It seems to cure a multitude of wonky stuff - and perhaps it's just a little "residual inflammation." (That's what the doc called mine when that happened - of course, that was post-cat bite. Sorry - I digress.)
Maybe cook yourself up something yummy for dinner? Put the hand up and go ahead and enjoy the movies, and hope by tomorrow it's way better.
Maybe there was an Indian spice that didn't do you so well yesterday. In any case - I hope you're better soonest. :-)
Oh bummer! I guess I would read through some knitting books/magazines, and otherwise, poke around a lot of stuff on Ravelry ...
My advice? Use the time to learn how to knit with your toes.
There is always learning to knit the way Yarn Harlot does it? Stick the needle under your arm. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment