So far, in the quest to rest my index finger, I have:
- Blocked the pink sweater. I did it in stages, and the final stage was the sleeves, which you can see here. They look like they're two different sizes, but that's because of the funny camera angle you get when you stand on tiptoe with your arms way overhead.
- Wound off about eight skeins of yarn. I have to do that slowly, with long breaks between skeins, because the crank irritates my knuckle.
- Put loose patterns into plastic sheet protectors in binders.
- Spend eleven million hours browsing patterns on ravelry. I've been in the habit of storing patterns I like in my favorites folder. And then one day, my favorites folder was suddenly empty. I've spent some time trying to recreate it -- ha! as if that can ever happen -- and printing loose copies of freebie patterns I'd like to knit.
- Found a sock pattern for some green Cascade Heritage sock yarn to match Catherine Parr. I wanted a diamond-like trellises that mimicked the Catherine Parr cable chart without actually being that chart. Because I'm sick of knitting that chart. The answer arrived in the form of Snicket socks, formerly of Magknits and currently a ravelry download.
- Reorganized my knitting bookshelf. Knitting books are so oddly shaped. They never line up in a pleasing fashion.
- Read my Harmony guides and other chart books for substitute cable patterns for my FLAK, which I expect to cast on in two weeks or so. I'm currently leaning towards a summer motif -- a trellis cable up the center, some vine and leaf cables on either side.
- Stared dolefully at my knitting, wishing I could touch it.
- I tried to make a pot of soup, but can't chop vegetables with a wonky index finger. Pizza!
- Moved all the yarn for knits-in-progress out of the back room dresser where I so cleverly put it for safekeeping. Thank goodness I found it.
Also, movies are way more enjoyable when you can knit through them. I don't know how non-knitters can just sit there and stare at the screen. I kept wanting to make popcorn just so my hands would have something to do. But I watched Duchess, the Keira Knightley/Ralph Fiennes adaptation of the Amanda Foreman book. It was very good. I didn't expect to enjoy it because Keira Knightley annoys me, but she was restrained enough to be watchable. Shame it wasn't a faithful rendering of the historical character, who was far more interesting and quirky than the movie would have you believe.
And I watched Burn After Reading, which was about as good a Coen brothers movie as I've ever seen. Definitely worth renting.
4 comments:
Glad to hear you are resting your finger. And that you found where you safely stored your yarn. The pink sweater sleeves do look a little odd but angle is everything. ;)
Well, at least you have been able to be productive. Some of us with all of our fingers working can't say that ...
I thought Burn After Reading was great, too.
I'm just getting ready to CO Snicket socks too!
I stash patterns I like in my "favorites" file - hope it doesn't get wiped out suddenly like that.
Hope your injury resolves quickly.
Sounds like you got a lot done without making many stitches. That reminds me that I should start printing those patterns out for safe keeping!
Post a Comment