Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why Brains Matter














This is what happens when you have killed your brain. You try to do something simple like sew up some shoulder seams, and end up with -- well, good god, I have no idea what that is. A mess. And not only did I totally screw it up, but I managed to screw it up in two completely different ways. See on the right side of the picture, where the seam has a row of bumps sticking out? That's because I sewed the seam in the wrong place and left half the cast-off sticking out. And see on the left where -- well, I'm not sure exactly what happened there.

All I'm saying is, good thing I can unpick that seam.

I'm taking the day off today. Well, "off" meaning it's just gone past noon, and I've only worked an hour this morning, and probably won't work more than an hour or two later today. The last two days, about everything I've tried to do has turned out like that seam, so it's obviously time for some R&R.

I'm going to try for a little knitting this afternoon and see how the finger holds up. And I'm going to lay on the couch with the clicker for at least an hour. Maybe even take a nap. Naps are good.

And by the end of it, maybe, just maybe, I'll remember the right way to sew a shoulder seam. (sigh)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

Kris said...

oh my... aren't you glad to have a redo?

Carol said...

Hi, sometimes "things just are sent to try us!"
Have that rest and redo it when you have had a breather!
I don't know your method for doing seams...a dear friend showed me a different way than my Mum taught me!
It's placing the seams together, pin them and do a back stitch along the side, forward and toward yourself(I'm righthanded)

You finish up with a beautiful neat edge on the Good side!
Please disregard this message if you do it like that anyway...
Cheers Carol