This will be a blog mostly about knitting, and so, to start things off on the right path, here is what I currently have on the needles. I can't post pictures for reasons which will soon be explained and, please god, corrected.
The Never-Ending Surprise Vest
This is the Wall Street vest from Best of Arans and Celtics. Great book, great pattern. I'm secretly knitting it in Filatura di Crosa 501, a superwash DK, color black. Yes, black, and don't get me started on that little rant. Some day I will wise up and learn to knit in bare or pale colors and then dye it black afterwards.
This vest will eventually be presented with hardly any fanfare (ha!) or relief (double ha!) to my father, an Irish-American with a true and abiding love of vests. All that remains is about 4 inches of the front and the neck and sleeve banding. At my current rate of work, he should have it in time for the next presidential inauguration.
My Carry-Around Socks
Doesn't everyone carry a sock-in-progress every single dang place they go? No? Hunh. Imagine that. My current carry-around is a toe-up in Skacel Trampoline on size 2s using a slightly modified version of Wendy's (THE Wendy's) toe-up pattern. I love this yarn. Miss Six (who is in kindergarten and knows everything) claims it looks like a bowl of jelly beans. That just makes me love it more.
My Other Socks
Bearfoot by Mountain Colors, cuff down on 2s, color grape. I'm using the baby cable pattern from Charlene Schurch's astoundingly fabulous sock book. This is my second pair of Bearfoots, which is a leading contender in the race for Knitterary's Favorite Sock Yarn.
And now, drumroll please....
My New Husband!
My new husband is a cardigan out of Silver Creek Merino sportweight, color Marine, and don't any of you ever buy this yarn because I want it all for myself. Mine! Mine! All mine! It has been dubbed Husband by the very witty MB, whose blog I would link to if I knew anything about linking to blogs. But my technodullwittedness is a post for another day....
My new husband is so soft and warm and cuddly and gorgeous. He's currently about 12 inches of a cardigan back (the Wool Bam Boo Cabled Cardigan from the Classic Elite Luxe leaflet) with really cool shaping at the waist. Cables, too. No wonder I swoon at his touch. Plus I can't keep my hands off him these days, which is why all my other projects will soon need therapy.
Other Projects: Why doesn't Mommy love us anymore?
Therapist: Because she got a new husband. Someday you'll grow up and understand this. In the meantime, get over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are not the only one with a carry around sock. The very important civil servants I work with giggle uncomfortably at the ever present sock in my purse.
To warn you, I would sleep with your Husband any day. Now that I know his name, it is even more likely.
Well, in that case, I'm definitely not telling you that I met him in that infamous meat market, the Fold.
I hate to break it to you...I fondled your husband and liked it;)
Post a Comment