And the winner of the camera race is ...
(drumroll)
.... a Nikon Coolpix L12 7.1 megapixels with 3x zoom, a 1 gig SD card, a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time!
Woot!
We are all in trouble now. I almost know how to use this thing. At least, I can use it enough to decide that my inaugural yarn snapshot should be purple.
So.
I took pictures of the purple sock-in-progress. This was fairly easy. And then, just to get really fancy and hi-tech and all, I figured out how to upload them to my computer and edit them using the exquisitely simple editing program that came free with the camera.
And that's as far as I can get.
I've tried and tried a thousand times to get the pictures from my hard drive into the actual text of this blog. I've spent forty-eight hours fooling around with this. I've clicked on the little picture icon and followed all the steps, and the best I can get is a window telling me my pictures are being uploaded to blogger.
So where the @#*! are my pictures? Not in the blog. Obviously. For all I know, there are nine thousand snapshots of a purple bearfoot sock cuff popping up all over the blogosphere, but they sure as heck aren't here.
Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
ps. Someone commented privately that they thought I should find a nicer term than slush pile. But this is what it's called. I didn't invent the name any more than I decided a hammer should be called a hammer. Someday I might wax eloquently (snort!) about how the slush pile contains the hope of both writers and editors, and occasionally delivers a diamond in the rough, but for now let's just say this. My sometimes snarky feelings about slush are tied to its volume and to my own lack of time available for grooming new-but-raw talent. So let's just all untwist our panties, ok? I'm not calling it slush out of meanness.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1. Are you saving your pictures to a folder on your hard drive?
2. When you upload do you ever see a DONE button pop up? click on it if you do.
3. If your using Internet Explorer, you might consider using a different browser.
Check out the "Troubleshooting picture upload problems" on the Blogger Help section. There pretty good at helping.
To me it sounds like your doing all that you can, but there is probably some setting on your computer that is holding you back.
Good luck!
Post a Comment