Monday, October 1, 2007

UFOctober

Heather over at Tinky McFrog is sponsoring a monthlong UFO-athon. The idea is that you pick a few of those lingering UFOs and make some progress during the month of October.

Sounds like a fine idea to me. I mean, do we even know how many unfinished objects I have anymore? Count me in.

I should start off by saying that we don't have to work exclusively on UFOs all month. We get to name exceptions. My exceptions will be Fulmar (of course!) and the clapotis, if I ever get around to actually casting on for it.

So here are my selected UFOs:

1. The #$%(! Jailwalkers. I will start by washing the one finished sock to see if that improves the yarn and the fit. If not, I'm chucking them. I'm about 90% sure that this will be the outcome because I just can't imagine washing will improve these enough to make them wearable. Which really sucks because I love the look of them. Oh well.

2. The SOS07 Gypsy Girl Ominous Skies socks. Summer of Socks '07 has been over for, I dunno, a few weeks. It's been a month or more since I lost interest. Would like to finish these and get them off my needles and my conscience. I've only got to knit the foot of the second sock, and these are in the FO column.

3. Ditto for the Jojoland Cashmere blend socks. Or the Bears socks. Either one. I'd like to have just one pair of socks OTN again. No need for a bajillion at once.

4 and 5. Secret knitting parts one and two. These have been lingering since July, knit in bits and dabs, and I really need to get them done. More than that I cannot say because they're a secret. Shhhhh!

6. Be nice to get a little done on the crapghan. Ah, yes, we remember that dayglo monstrosity. It's been stalled thanks to the ever-delightful Miss Six, who likes to hide my crochet hook as a little joke on me. We have this routine where she asks me to "knit with one stick, not with two," and then I know she hid the hook and wants me to go to my crocheting and exclaim over the missing hook. Many giggles ensue as I hunt for the hook. So fun. Except this time? She hid it, got distracted, never came to play the game with me, and now the hook is gone.

Yeah, I know. Cough up the cash for another size G and get the lousy crapghan done already. And, you know, that would be a really good idea except for the part about how I'd really rather knit.

So there you have it. If I can complete 4 out of 6 items on this list, I'll be ecstatic and my OTN list will almost feel manageable.

Which is a darn good thing, because I've allowed myself to be persuaded to knit Catherine Parr starting in October. This is shaping up to be the winter of Starmore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! Thanks for joining in, I am so glad to have you on board!

Tricia said...

Catherine Parr, Catherine Parr, Catherine Parr! I dream of it often, way too often. I'm oh so ready to swatch. Let's swatch together today!