
Ahem. This is so unexpected. I don't have a speech prepared. Thank you to the members of the academy, to --
Oops. Wait. Different award. ;)
Thanks, Knit and Run. It was a surprise to pop over to your blog this morning and see that you'd nominated me! I also love your blog!
In Other News
I pulled out a few bins of yarn from my storage room at the family business. We sold that building, as some of you know, and I have to make other storage arrangements now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We haven't found a new property to move into yet -- we had a deal in place last week, but it flamed out in rather spectacular fashion earlier this week. So I've been trying to cobble together alternate arrangements. It's not going well.
In the meantime, I have to figure out what is in that storage room, exactly, in preparation for moving. I know I have several thousand books. An old couch and a desk. And, of course, my knitting stash.
That picture up there represents about half my stash, about 20,000 grams of yarn strewn across the corner of my living room. I'm documenting it as I go through it and bag it for storage. (Most of it was just tossed in the bins without much thought to proper storage.) This is partly an exercise in futilty because I can't even get to all the boxes with yarn in them. But I figured I could take a stab at it as long as I have to sort through the stash anyway.
I don't have time for this project now, but I also don't have a choice. The clock is ticking. We have to be out of the building by a certain date, and it's not negotiable. There are a lot of problems I can't solve now -- or, I should say, can work on endlessly without solving -- but this particular project has the advantage of being measurable and finite. It needs to get done at some point in the next month, and it at least gives me the illusion of progress.
By the way, in case you're trying to work it out, there's enough yarn in that photo alone for 14 sweaters, one afghan, and various scarves/hats/etc. There's only one skein of sock yarn in the lot -- my sock yarn is stored separately. In any event, this might help explain why lately I've been mentioning that I have enough yarn now. Even by my standards, it's enough.
3 comments:
(((hugs)))
Ummm...how about one of those storage vault places!!! or maybe Fort Knox even...the stash is very precious!!
Cheers Carol (lol)
What a mess for you . . . the upside is that you're getting to check everything and see stuff you might not have thought about for awhile :-) And, as time-consuming as inventorying the stuff into your Ravelry stash is, you will probably be glad you did it. I was, and it took me forever. Hope things settle and fall right into place soon on the building.
Post a Comment