Sunday, September 7, 2008

Status Report: Sockotta Ribbed Socks


















This is the problem with having too many projects on the needles and not enough knitting time. It takes forever to complete something, even something simple like socks. If I just knit a pair of socks, I can finish the pair in ten days to two weeks. But when I knit four pairs at once, plus three sweaters and a bag, well, I can go ten days without even touching a particular item.

And then it starts to feel as though I've been knitting the same thing forever.

This was brought home to me again on Friday. We were knitting at Nana's around the back table, and a woman came in who I've met once or twice before. She's nice. I like her a lot. Even though she said, "Oh, you're still knitting that?" when she saw my Catherine Parr.

Not her fault. Mine. All mine.

My September decision to not cast on anything new is starting to look like a decision of rare genius!

PS. Nope. Still haven't found the missing needles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you mean you aren't going to cast on anything new this month... but come on. I know you. ;) Your heart is in the right place, but there are so many things to knit. And, isn't Nana"s having a sale? New yarns, new patterns are calling your name. (But I luv ya anyway)

Carol said...

LOL...
maybe there is a land of lost needles as well as
lost socks !

There is the sense of accompishment to look forward too as each project is finished, and closer to the finding those needles, they are probably magic and hiding until you finish the OTN's
Cheers Carol

Bridget said...

Oh the socks are lovely - greens and blues are my favorites!

I'm trying to limit myself to two projects (actively) at a time. Sometimes that's really difficult.

:-)

Kris said...

I certainly understand how you feel. I haven't touched my socks and I feel like there completely forgotten.

Time to buckle down and get those ongoing projects out of your way... we've a KAL coming in about 5 months;)

RandomRanter said...

It's always tough finding the right balance between having enough projects to fit your moods and not so many that it starts to feel like work.

A :-) said...

Crud - I really had hope for you finding the needles in the auto . . . cruise over to my blog, you've been nominated ;-)