Monday, November 3, 2008

Hello, Life? Please Come Back. I Miss You.

Today is the first semi-normal day for me in weeks. I still have to unpack a gazillion boxes, and the phones at the new shop still don't work properly, and we're a loooooooooooong way from being moved in. But I've put myself back on a regular schedule as of today, so we're definitely drawing closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. The "all hands on deck" phase of moving the family business has officially drawn to a close, and now we're at the stage of "where the *&!@ is the (_insert lost item of choice_)?"

Fortunately, that isn't a phase that concerns me much.

Unfortunately, there will still be no knitting.

Remember the day it snowed last week? Was that Tuesday? It's all a blur. Whatever day that was, I was carrying a load out to the wagon, and I slipped on some mucky, snowy leaves. Because my hands were full, I couldn't catch my balance and went flying. Landed badly. Ouch.

I was pretty torn up from that fall -- bleeding palms and knees, sprained left wrist, sprained right shoulder. But the old, heavy typewriter I was carrying, well, I managed to save that. It landed on my legs. Don't ask me how. I still can't figure out how I managed to scrape my knee and land on my ass all in one fall.

The scrapes have healed, but when I tried to knit a row last night, I couldn't do it. Shoulder is still too ouchy. (pout, pout) I was really looking forward to knitting again, too, after the insanity of the last couple of weeks.

But it will heal eventually, and in the meantime, it's good to be back to a more normal routine. Every day gets a little bit better. In all departments.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Well Christ on a cracker T! That is just horrible.

Get better real soon...we've all missed you.

A :-) said...

JesusMaryandJoseph - I've been wondering where you were and starting to worry. I'm glad the move is done, but what a bummer about your injuries. Take it easy, watch some mindless telly, take some Advil - soon you'll be knitting again. :-) I was off for at least a week knitting and spinning with the cat bite, but I'm fine now, and I know you will be too, very soon. Heal quick!!