Friday, March 6, 2009

Half Back















Here are four pattern repeats of the back piece for St. Brigid. I love the way this pattern unfolds, and I especially love how quickly it happens.

Laying this piece out for a photograph helped me reach a decision about something. The original design calls for a fringed hem, and I'm not a big fan of fringe. But something has to be done to even out that hem. I mean, look at it, wobbling and jiggling up and down like that. Ugh. I know others have managed to go fringeless and have a nice, even hem, but it appears I am not one of the fortunate few.

So I'll be attaching a banded border of some kind, probably of the braided rope cable, to give a neater edge there.

The meds are beginning to knock out the chest infection I've been fighting for the last few weeks, but I'm still a bit like that lower hem edge -- raw, weak and wobbly. S'ok. It will pass.

5 comments:

Kris said...

We had this same conversation at the last SnB... I think all decided to go with the braided edge to give a more finished look.

Yours is so gorgeous... I swoon for green, as I'm sure you know. I've decided to stop one repeat short as mine would end up being over 24 inches in length for the full 8 repeats. Then less not forget the added braid...just something to think about in case you hadn't already.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is wonderful. Love the color and the knitting.

Thanks for the offer of suggestions for yarn shops in Chicago, but sadly this is the one trip I can't shop. But if I head that way again . . .

Bridget said...

It looks beautiful, congratulations!

Carol said...

So glad you are feeling better!

St. Brigid is going to look terrific... it is a very distinctive pattern, neat Interesting!
Cheers Carol

A :-) said...

It's looking so lovely - I'm going with the raggedy hem, I think. Of course, I'm way far behind you and Kris.

So glad you're starting to feel better :-)