Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goal

Knitting Goal For March:

Knit one hour each day.

That's it. You'd think that would be an easy goal to reach for an obsessive knitter like me, but not so. All year I've had to fight for knitting time. Between working two jobs and illness and family obligations and other demands on my time, I've completely lost control of my schedule and my routine.

And you know what I've learned from all this? Sweaters don't knit themselves.

Imagine that.

So I made a good start on my March knitting goal today by knitting 4 rows of St. Brigid, which is just a bit over an hour's worth of knitting, while I was watching a bit of tv. I only watch about 3 hours of tv a week, so that tv knitting time is pretty precious. And lately, I've been sacrificing it to the laptop, dealing with routine email and filing tasks while watching my shows.

But no more. I'm allowed an hour a day for knitting. Allowed? Required.

5 comments:

Carol said...

I think you should also add a tag for that hour, call it a
"Mental Health Hour"
To be extended to two if possible.
You need that hour to enjoy yourself!
To do something important for yourself.
And to live in the moment!
My 20 cents worth - Cheers Carol

Bridget said...

Go for it!

Anonymous said...

It seems like a natural thing for you to do...breathing...knitting...breathing...knitting...

Kris said...

Oh come on, are you kidding me! you should get 3 hours a day. Once in the morning, afternoon and again in the evening.

A :-) said...

I think that's a perfect goal! I often knit while watching telly, too!