Saturday, March 14, 2009

Take Two Stitches and Call Me in the Morning





















Back to the doctor yesterday for the never-ending chest infection. I am now on my fourth different medication. Because nothing we're doing seems to cure this, I decided a little home remedy might be in order.

New knitting. Just what the knitdoctor ordered.

This will be the skater's overtop from the Veronik Avery book. This was my birthday yarn last year. I want to knit it before my birthday this year because I'm convinced this will somehow make me feel less guilty about my stash.

Also because I'm addicted to this yarn and have spent the past ten months fondling it and dreaming of casting on. Desperate times call for desperate measures, so here I am, starting something new even though all my something olds still linger.

Special thanks to everyone who has pledged wool for the Bosnian refugees. I will be sending my friend Kate a big box sometime around March 27, so there is still plenty of time for you to round up your remnants and get them to me. If you can't make it to one of our knitting events, please let me know and I will be happy to come collect your donation. It's for a good cause!

ETA: If you want to see the Bosnian knitters and some of their work, go here. Kate tells me she hasn't updated the page in ages, so don't believe everything you read there. But it will give you some idea of the work they're doing.

2 comments:

Claudia Bugh said...

Have you tried a hot toddy before you go to bed? Don't mix with meds but sometimes a good warm brew with lemon, honey and some whiskey does a world of good. Also my dad (a hypo) would use a rub on the chest. I personally never get sick but watched his ministrations with great interest.

Carol said...

When I saw this I thought of you...
Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again. Quote by Dorothy Day

When I read about you feeling guilty about your 'Stash'
I thought no...you should not feel that way about something that is important in your life, enjoy owning such a lovely stash...if you didn't have it you would not have been able to help the Bosnian ladies! If there are purchases in there you know you will never use...give them away too!

Get Well soon! & cheers Carol
An Interesting site:
http://meditation.org.au/class21.asp