Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fulmar Update



Six pattern repeats, done! Woot! This measures a notch over 15" in length. I am considering one more pattern repeat before I bind off some stitches on each side for the armholes. (That's not part of the original pattern, but I'm doing it anyway.)

One of the reasons I started this blog was to record project information which might be useful to other knitters contemplating a particular yarn or pattern. Also, to amuse myself, which is a high priority in my life. ;)

What I've decided about Fulmar is that I'm very glad I went with a sportweight yarn. (Silver Creek Merino - 306 yds in 100g, tightly spun and round.) I've seen some other Fulmar pictures here and there, and some of them are dense enough to stand up on their own - great for durability, but less attractive when worn.

Mine is resulting in just what I had hoped for, a sturdy and dense fabric with some flexibility left. We'll see if it retains those characteristics once it's finished and made up. Which, at my current knitting speed, ought to be somewhere around the end of the current millenium.

3 comments:

Kris said...

ooooooo, ahhhhhhhhhh... so pretty.

Rebecca F said...

that is lovely! I figure you'll have it done by the end of the decade. :)

carolyninAlaska said...

The pattern looks perfect; crisp and tight, and the color is beautiful!