It just occurred to me that I never reported on February goals. I need to set some March goals, too.
1. Finish pink socks.
Done! Already have worn them with my favorite pink cotton sweater, which is definitely not warm enough for this time of year. Don't care. Sick of winter. Maybe if I start wearing my spring clothes, the weather will take a hint.
2. Two balls on Catherine Parr.
Done! Actually, I knit two plus maybe a quarter of a third ball.
3. Finish orange felted clogs.
I ended up frogging these because I was unhappy with the way the yarn looked. I bought a beautiful multi-variegated Mountain Colors yarn that looks like a fall forest. It has to be knit double-stranded, and there was only one skein of it, so I picked a complementary orange Cascade 220 to knit with it. The orange swamped the other colors, so I ended up frogging it. (But I did find a felted slipper-boot pattern that will let me use both skeins, so there will be a second go at this yarn.)
Hmm. March goals. I'm knitting more regularly than I have been, but I still find myself knitting in spurts and snatches between other duties. It's hard to judge how much real knitting time I'll have. So this is a shot in the dark.
1. Finish the Socks That Rock Sapphire socks.
Easy enough. It's plain knitting, so I pick away at them while I'm reading.
2. Finish the Malabrigo hat.
It's about half done now, maybe less. It's a fast knit, but the pattern changes in almost every round, so it takes some concentration.
3. Finish the current ball of yarn on Fulmar.
I just started a ball, so this is a lot of knitting. Each ball is a touch over 300 yards of yarn.
4. Knit Catherine Parr to the armpits.
That's about another two inches. I think I can manage it, as long as life cooperates somewhat! Once I have this to the bottom of the armscyes, I intend to put the body on stitch holders and knit the sleeves.
So there we have it. My two big projects should advance some more, and I have a couple of little things for variety. That out to get me in like a lion and out like a lamb!
What about the rest of you? What are your plans for the month?
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi, Well done. your projects are going well!
I've made a blog...and going south to visit my mum ...Cheers Carol
http://carolsclobber.blogspot.com/
Goals? there are goals associated with knitting?
I had to chuckle just a little when i read the header to your 4th March goal... Knit Catherine Parr Armpits.. hahaha... did a double take on that one;)
Carol, I checked out your blog but couldn't figure out how to leave a comment to say hello. Your photos are lovely!
Post a Comment