I had a hard time photgraphing this hat today. The light was doing things to the color -- the yarn is much more muted than it actually appears here. More navy and purple, less teal.
Anyway, the hat is done except for the brim. It's an Annie Modisett pattern, meaning that I've had one or two nits to pick with it as I've worked it. For example, she had a random row of purls at the start of the crown shaping. Yeah, I skipped that.
And the brim -- the reason I keep putting off picking up the stitches to knit the brim is that her instructions are so darn weird. You have to pick up all but about ten stitches of the entire circumference. Then you do like 5-stitch shortrows on one end, then knit across to the other end and do some more short rows. Then you knit the whole brim, back and forth across all those short rows and all the stitches between them, and if that makes sense on any level whatsoever, I sure wish someone would explain it to me.
I mean, all the way back around behind your ears, there will be these little extra poofs of stitches. Ooooo-kay.
Hmm. Maybe I should check for errata first!
Well, at least the yarn is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment