Sunday, March 16, 2008

One Mystery Monkey





















I stole a bit of knitting time last night and finished the foot of this first monkey. This is the yarn that might be Colinette or might be something else -- the yarn I found wound and without its label in a storage area at the family business. I have another skein of Colinette unwound, and the two yarns do share some similarities.

The monkey pattern is addictive and very easy. It's an enjoyable knit, as so many others have already discovered, but I have some concerns about how comfortable this sock will be on the foot. I'm just skeptical of all these ridges and puckers in the fabric, and I'm still shy of socks that angle across the leg after the jaywalker incident.

But this one does seem to have some stretch, at least, so maybe it will work out in the end. I'll knit the second, regardless of this little concern.

I also spent part of the morning comparing patterns for hats with brims, and I checked for errata on the malabrigo hat. No errata, but that could be because I'm the only damn fool on the planet to be knitting this thing. Do you think I'm exaggerating about that? I'm not. Ravelry shows one and only one project in progress or queued for this pattern: mine. Does this make me the dumbest knitter, or the most adventurous? I figure everyone else took one look at the designer's name and turned the page quickly before her madness could infect them. This will be the last time I ever attempt one of hers, that I promise! Sign me, frustrated!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Your Monkey is looking fabulous!

Mine ended up tight around the ankle...just a tad difficult to get on and off.

A :-) said...

I agree - that Monkey is very pretty. This pattern is on my "to do" list!