Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Team Mine!

I have joined Team Mine! on ravelry for the summer knitting olympics. Only question now is what to knit. We have 17 days. We're supposed to challenge ourselves. Given that my knitting time is about half what it was a year ago, I question whether I could even complete a pair of socks in that time period.

We have some time before we have to declare our project for the team. My top-of-the-head choices are:

1. Most likely candidate: Minnesota mittens. These are the densely knit gloves with the flip-top mitten parts that go over the fingers. I like this pattern because it would give me a double layer of warmth at the fingers -- the individual glove fingers, plus the fliptop mitten part. I'll probably use some purple Jaeger from stash.

2. The lace shell from Veronik Avery's skater set in her book. This was my birthday yarn. I'd like to knit it before the weather turns cold again, but it's not urgent. And frankly, I can knit a mohair lace shirt in 17 days only if I'm nursing a broken ankle and confined to my chair for the duration.

3. Latvian mittens. What the heck. Been wanting to knit them, partly because of some masochistic urge to do stranded knitting on size 0000 needles. And also partly because I think that's the kind of project that can convince me I've got the chops to tackle a Fair Isle sweater someday.

4. ???? Some other option. Any suggestions? Something that can be completed in 17 days would be ideal.

Vote in the sidebar if you care to.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi,
I voted for the Mittens ...cos if we all run out of oil, we'll need warm gear!!...and you'll have yours done and the rest of us won't have light to knit any at all! (g)
Cheers Carol