Monday, June 23, 2008

Whole Lotta Harlot

We began to gather shortly before lunch at the shop. Before long, the little space was full of the regulars and a couple of visiting rock stars. The light from the beautiful windows was throwing off my camera, but if you look closely, you'll see Stephanie on the left between two baby-cradlin' mamas, and Franklin in the center.


















We migrated to the Hilton ball room in waves. I was one of the last to leave the shop, but it was okay. I still got a seat, front and center with the rest of the volunteers. (See anyone you know?)















She made it this time. Harlot Day is always fun, but it turns out that it's more fun when there's an actual Harlot in attendance. This was my fourth Harlot Day, my third with Herself there, and I've noticed she's growing progressively more contemplative as time passes and books are written. She makes us laugh, but she also makes us think.

























Thank you to Tricia and Stephanie for a fabulous day! (Are they gorgeous or what?)

2 comments:

Tricia said...

And thank you, my dear friend. You were the gate keeper of all gate keepers! You kept everything moving, charmed the pants off everything and stayed at your post until the bitter end. I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you!

Knitterary said...

Yeah, that's me. I'm a real pants charmer. (It was my pleasure. Really.)