I feel that it is my sacred duty as a human being to warn everyone --
Do NOT go see that stupid Star Wars cartoon movie thing.
Danger Boy wanted desparately to see it, so I took him. It was so painfully stupid, so mind-numbingly dull, that I nearly fell asleep. Twice.
In fact, it was so awful, that we were at least 30 minutes into it before I figured out that "General Skywalker" was Anakin, not Luke. The writing is dreadful -- unless you happen to think that lines like, "Come on, men, let's fight!" constitute snappy dialogue. The plot is buried under a constant string of battle scenes that take place for no apparent reason. Even Danger Boy kept asking questions -- who's that, where are they, why are they fighting now....
Lucas should hang his head in shame for releasing this under his name.
But the weirdest thing about this movie was the audience. Usually at kid movies, the theatre is full of kid groups monitored by adult women and a sprinkling of men. This time? All men. The kid groups were led by dads. There were at least a dozen single men -- and by single, I mean not only "sitting by themselves," but also "and no woman would ever touch them." I was one of only three women in the entire theatre.
Awful, hideous movie.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the review. I grew up on and LOVED the first three SW movies (now called Episodes 4-6, whatevs) but this whole recent set is crap.
Even the GeekDad bloggers prefer the Genndy Taka-whatsis version of The Clone Wars over this newest one, and THAT version was pretty horrible in my opinion.
I shake my head when I see the commercials on tv... totally bad.
Post a Comment