Ladies and Gentlemen, please rise for the national anthem of Knitlandia.
O beautiful for warm sweaters,
For amber waves of scarves,
For purple mitten majesties
To match the brioche hats!
Knitlandia! Knitlandia!
Wool shed its fleece on thee
And crown thy good with knitted hoods
From sleeve to perfect sleeve!
*bows to receive medal*
*waves to cheering hordes*
FO: Minnesota Mittens for Ravelympics, Team Mine
Pattern: Minnesota Mittens from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski
Mods: I left off the tvaandsstickning, because if I can't pronounce it or spell it, I don't need to knit it. Also used size 3US needles instead of the 2s specified by the pattern.
Yarn: Cascade 220, that old standard
Notes: Super pattern, very easy. I ended up with one small hole at the base of one finger, but I can live with that. The rest of the finger joins seem fine. And the thumb gusset fits so well that I may use this particular gusset method for all my gloves from here on out.
1 comment:
They are lovely...a fine memory of the 2008 Olympics.
Umm...now when are the Winter Olympics...not long, only 2 years...might have to get a supply of wool ready!!!
Cheers Carol
Post a Comment