Then a bit of team gymnastics and swimming:
Beach volleyball, tennis, some more swimming, a little boxing:
Gymnastic team finals:
I adore this pattern. I love the flip-top mitten cup that covers the fingers. I may make a half-mitt so that my palms and wrists also have double fabric, but I want to wear them a bit this winter before I decide on that. They may be warm enough without an extra layer, even in these cruel Chicago winters.
This is a fun pattern because it's always changing. And that makes it feel fast. Cuff, thumb gusset, then create the extra stitching line on the back of the hand where the mitten pocket will attach later. A few more rounds, then it's on to the fingers and thumb. Then the mitten pocket, and by that time, you can't believe how quickly it went.
I bet a fast knitter could knock out a pair of these in a weekend. I'm not so fast, and I work a lot of hours, and I'll still have the pair done long before the closing ceremonies.
2 comments:
Hi, that is a really clever pattern!
And the colour is great, It's a bit chilly tonight, looking at them makes me feel warmer!
Cheers Carol
Very pretty
Post a Comment