Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FO: Araucania Ranco Socks
























FO: Plain Socks
Yarn: Araucania Ranco Multi
Needles: 1.5US dpns

Notes:
This yarn is hard to photograph. The greens and browns melt together into a dark lump. The best description I can give is this -- looking at this yarn in person is like looking at a pile of new fall leaves in the bottom of a lake. Orange, rust, dark green, muddy brown, twiggy gray, interspersed with an occasional flash of blue water. The colors are very appealing in person.

The hand, well, that's a bit less appealing. The yarn has a bit of crunch to it, almost like Regia. I know from experience that Regia wears like iron and softens over time, and I hope the Araucania will perform likewise. It's a bit thinner than Regia, but in other ways, it's very similar.

This leaves me three pairs of socks OTN. Two are at the heel of the first sock. One is maybe an inch into the second sock, so that one will be my next desk sock to work on when dictation frees up my hands. I would like to cut down on the number of projects OTN, so I'm going to apply a "finish two/then cast on one" approach. Any two will do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that sounds like a plan. I am just wondering if we are taking bets. 2 projects off the needles before one project on. Yeah that isn't going to work. LOL

Carol said...

Oh! I like those socks, I like the colours!
Umm....do you ever knit bed socks?

Cheers Carol.

Ps is that baby born yet? The ruggy one!

Carol said...

http://villageyarns.blogspot.com/2007/08/qiviuk-hand-knitting-yarn-at-village.html
Hi, I g00gled Qiviuk wool...musk ox! absolutely facinating...hey imagine those as socks...to die for!!! Feet in 7th heaven!!
Cheers Carol