Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Baby Snicket























This is the result of last week's third grade basketball tournament. I swatched for St. B again, and then cast on the Snicket socks and made it this far. This is 19 rows of p2, k1b ribbing. I have one more round to go before I can start the pattern.

The yarn is Cascade Heritage, and I must say I'm in love with it. OK, yes, I say that about a lot of yarns. But this time, I mean it extra. It's so smooth and fluid, and the stitch definition could not be better. It feels almost silky, except the hand is all wool, not silky at all. If it holds up to wear and washing, this might very well be the perfect sock yarn. Fingers crossed.

Knitting on size 1US, but I can see dropping to a size 0 for a slightly denser fabric. The yarn is about as thick as Lorna's Laces sock yarn -- in fact, it's a near clone of Lorna's Laces, but without the slightly stringy feel. Don't get me wrong. I love Lorna's Laces and think the hand is excellent. But if you can imagine LL with a bit more spring and a little more slickness, you'll have a good idea of how the Heritage knits.

1 comment:

Kris said...

hmmmmm....I've got some of that yarn in my stash and I've been meaning to try it out...