Take a good look at that picture and imagine...
The top color is the body of a sweater.
The bottom four colors are a bohus-style yoke.
That's a pretty picture, isn't it? The yoke colors are Cascade Indulgence, a merino-angora blend perfect for a bohus yoke. The body color is Dale of Norway Tiur, a DK wool with just a soupcon of mohair to give it a slight halo effect.
And the best part?
All this yarn was on the 75% off shelf at this weekend's sale at Nana's Knitting Shop.
Here's something else to imagine. Imagine me in that store for the last, oh, two or three years, eyeballing that Indulgence and knowing it's just right for a bohus yoke. Imagine me doing the math in my head and reckoning that this sweater would easily cost over $200, without even trying too hard. Out of my reach for a single garment, especially now, with money being so tight. Imagine petting the yarn over and over again and daydreaming about yoke patterns, poring over the details on the bohus stickning website, and yet still never quite believing I would ever break down and get the yarn.
When I saw that it had been deeply discounted, I knew right away I would be buying it. How could I resist? I made an inspection of the rest of the store to check out the rest of the sale items, but even as I looked, I had that yippee feeling inside over the bohus yarn.
What would have cost $280 cost a few pennies under $70.
Yippee!
6 comments:
I'm thrilled for you!!! Love your idea of using the soft indulgence yarn around the yoke with the body in a pure wool. That's a brilliant idea :)
You Maniac! :-D Clearly I have returned the start-itis to you. Those colors, however, are lovely, and will be a beautiful sweater on you :-) Congrats on the super deal!
oh-boy, oh-boy, oh-boy... can't wait to see the pattern you picked!
Don't you just love the Indulgence? I bought some at the sale and will probably cast on soon.
Wow! Congrats!
Well...who could resist!
That bargain was just waiting you! Meant to be!
Cheers Carol
Post a Comment