I have this odd affinity for pale pink v-neck sweaters. I've always got at least one in my closet. The one in the picture above will be folded and shelved right next to its near twin, a store-bought model in cotton with a higher rest on the neckline.
I still have a few minor ends to weave, and then I'll set the seams and neckband, but this one is pretty much in the done column. I love the way it fits. It's very loose and cozy through the body and arms, but the shoulders are exactly right and the length is perfect.
The Specs:
Yarn: almost ashamed to admit that it's wool from Joann Fabrics bought on sale for under two bucks a ball. The brand is Sensations Tesoro, and I must say, this is a really, really nice wool. I had expected to knit a vest with it, but was pleased to see that I had enough yarn for a sweater. Just enough. Just barely enough. There might be ten or twelve grams left over out of the 650 I started with.
Pattern: My own, adapted from the Ann Budd "Handy Book of Sweater Patterns." I started with her template, but shortened the arms and tightened the armscyes. The change to the armscyes was crucial for good fit. The body fit is very loose and fluid, oversized and drapey. I always think that when you do that with the body, the arms and shoulders had better fit properly or you'll look like a little kid wearing her mommy's clothes.
That's 650 g into the "yarn out" column of my stash minder, and I can already predict people will get sick of seeing me wear this thing.
6 comments:
I was sure you were going to get 3/4 length sleeves, but amazingly it worked and it looks great!
It so soft and pretty.
The new socks look great, love the colour!
Fulmar is going to be stunning!
And your lovely pink sweater has convinced me to indulge myself this coming winter and buy something in that particular shade.
Cheers Carol
(ps had to delete above... bad typos)
There's a lot to be said for a nice, cozy, basic sweater. Enjoy!
Oh remind me to tell you the "pink pullover sweater" story from when I was a girl (unless I already did tell you :-D). It's very nice - so glad you had enough to make full length sleeves. :-)
Post a Comment