Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!
















Yesterday was my birthday, and I splurged on five skeins of kid seta to make this:



And now all I can do is fondle it lovingly and wonder how long it would take to knit it -- surely not very long -- I could cast it on and see--

NO! BAD KNITTER!

Must. Finish. Crib blanket.

(sigh)

9 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Birthday for Yesterday!

Just for your birthday...
surely just a few rows wouldn't hurt!!!
Then you would feel so happy,you you will be revived and able to plough onward and upward....lol

Seriously...I hope you had a fantastic Birthday.

Cheers Carol

Bridget said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one.

Kris said...

look how pretty...I don't know how you can resist not casting-on.

A :-) said...

Oh, that's a stunning color. I, too, would be hopping from foot-to-foot to cast it on! Glad you gave yourself such a lovely birthday gift :-)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That's such a cute sweater. What is the pattern? Happy Birthday - good use of splurge money!

Knitterary said...

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes.

The pattern is the skater overtop from Veronik Avery's book. I've been obsessed with this pattern since the moment I laid eyes on it.

camillaknits said...

nothing like a fuzzy, plum-colored carrot in front of your nose to inch you further into the cr*ch*t abyss. Happy Birthday. You should at least cast on the pretty yarn... that way you'll know it's not defective. I'm just sayin'. C

Macoco said...

Happy birthday! If it involved yarn, then it must have been a good one. ;)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Thanks for posting the pattern. It's very cute. DAG = Deputy Atty General? Very cool. Munch on some Garrett's Popcorn - I do so miss Chicago food.