Thursday, May 17, 2007

Diet Food




















I went to the yarn store today to buy the new IK. This is the same yarn store for which I have a 15% off coupon just about burning a hole in my wallet. I intend to use that coupon to pick up some sweater yarn, but not until after Stitches. Because I am not buying yarn until Stitches, remember?

I think I did okay today. The purple dishcloth cotton is needed to finish off some, well, dishcloths. Imagine that! I needed this solid purple to do a coordinating trim on some leftover variegated from my learn-to-entrelac project last summer. (Entrelac wash cloths ROCK! One side is smooth, and one side is scrubby. Love em!) So I don't mind spending two dollars on a single ball of cotton that will allow me to clear out some old stash. And I don't think it counts as a diet-breaker.

And the sock yarn? Everyone know sock yarn doesn't count! But seriously, you can all be proud of me. I had two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill supersock in hand, and was fondling some very, very intriguing On-Line. Instead of buying the lot, I went for the Regia in grey and black. I wear a lot of grey and black, and there are very few sock yarns to match. So this was a good buy, and it will be knit as my next carry-along project. (My current carry-alongs, the trampoline socks, are one botched cast-off away from FO status.)

All told, I spent around $23. For me, this is practically miraculous self-control. Woot!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm so proud. You did good...that reminds me, I've got to get that mag today!!!