Tuesday, May 8, 2007

One Happy Spinner




I just had to post these pictures of Knifty Red with her new toy. Saturday's trip to The Fold was a big day for her! I'll always remember the way she was practically vibrating with excitement, caught in the moment between trying the wheel and owning the wheel. Should she or shouldn't she? was the key question of the day.

You know, we sometimes feel guilty when we buy things like this for ourselves. We're indoctrinated to believe that our needs must never come first. We can debate that one infinitely, but regardless, there's a difference between putting others' needs ahead of ours, and never ever putting our own needs on the list at all.

I'm proud of our girl for getting this wheel. She wanted it. She could afford it. She'll certainly use it. She harmed nobody by buying it, and she will benefit many by using it. Including, most relevantly, herself. Her stress level will fall when she uses it, and she will have the pleasure and satisfaction that comes only when we challenge ourselves to make something good.

So the answer to that key question, should she or shouldn't she?, is: Of course she should.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kris said...

I should and I did!! Do you see, you couldn't even shut me up about it while taking pictures;)