I was going to knit the jaywalkers next, but the yarn needs to relax before I work it again. Or so I told myself. What may be more true is that I still have the urge to knit something brainless. So I reached into my sock stash and pulled out two skeins of Schoeller Stahl Fortissima Colori/Socka Color. This yarn looks and feels like cotton ragg, even though it's 25% nylon and 75% superwash wool. I have a blue and cream ribbed cotton ragg turtleneck and bought this sock yarn to match. It's been withering in my stash for almost a year! Time to knit the darn things.
These will be 2x2 ribbed all the way down the cuff and across the top of the foot to match the turtleneck. Simple, mindless, goof-proof knitting.
Actually, I foresee quite a lot of mindless sock knitting in my future. I signed up for the Summer of Socks. Yay! Three months of dedicated sock knitting, starting on the summer solstice and ending on the fall equinox. I just can't describe how appealing that sounds right about now. Plus I'm really looking forward to clearing out some of my sock stash. I know, I know, sock yarn doesn't count as stash. But really, there comes a point when you just have to 'fess up. If you run out of storage room, it probably counts as stash.
So this summer will be a lot of socks, and when my brain wakes up, the Silver Creek Cardigan. Three months of that ought to cure what ails me. And by September I'll be more than ready to tackle the next challenge. Starmore, anyone?
Why Karamazov?
In the comments, MB asked why I would read "The Brothers Karamazov" at all. There's a chilling story there. Last fall, on another message board -- unrelated to writing, editing and knitting, but something I stumbled on and found entertaining for a short while -- people started discussing this book. None of the females had read it. Several of the males had, and raved about it, and began discussing which of the brothers they identified with most. I found the discussion interesting and it made me curious about the book, which I happened to own but had never read.
In hindsight, what chills me about this conversation was how the men appeared to be in agreement that all men fit into the mold of one of the brothers, one way or another. As if drunken fool, religious fool, and overeducated fool are the main three archtypes which men strongly identify with these days. And let's not forget choice number four, enslaved murdering bastard. Hoo boy, now that's the man we all want to marry. Did anybody besides me just lose hope for the future of the human race?
Oh wait. As long as there is still frozen sperm, we're okay.
p.s. I.O.Crapghan 1 sk Dead Fart
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bring. It. On!....Starmore that is.
Just need to find some yarn, hummmmm.
I'm not even going to mention what kind of pattern would work great for that new sock you got on the needles...hehehe, I know, I'm evil.
Post a Comment