Monday, May 7, 2007

FO: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Country Garden


Lest you all begin to worry that this is a blog about misbehaving UFO's and yarn p0rn, here is something I managed to finish. And I didn't have to put them in jail even once.

So, here are the Cherry Tree Hill Supersocks in Country Garden, by the numbers:
Cast on: 64 stitches
Cuff: 1.5" of 2x2 rib
Leg: 7.5" including cuff
Heel flap: About 2.375", give or take an eighth of an inch
Gussets: decrease to 56 stitches
Foot: 6.75" up to the toe decreases
Toe decreases: two per side, every other round knit plain, until 20 stitches remain.
Started: April 18
Finished: May 6
Number of states this sock was knit in: Three (Illinois, Texas, Indiana)

Sometimes nothing is so comforting as the around-and-around of a mindless plain sock.

Later, I'll have a report on our field trip to The Fold. The sheep survived, though they may never return to the front paddock without crying a little. And Toni's son withstood the onslaught quite well. We hear they expect him to stop twitching and whimpering any day now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But I read this blog for the porn...