Thursday, May 3, 2007

More Merlot Than Merino


RT is a party conference, and let's just say that I entered into the spirit of the conference. Though I had few obligations other than pitch appointments, one speaking engagement, and the desire to network, I found very little knitting time in Houston. I didn't touch the Cascade 220 superwash aran watchcap for my nephew, and I knit less than the equivalent of one sock on the CTH Country Garden socks.

I did, however, manage to rack up a $150 bar bill in a single day. They say my lips and tongue turned purple from the merlot, just like a kid with kool-aid. I will admit to these things, and nothing more. I don't care who has photographs of what -- I'll still deny it was me. (*giggle*)

Unfortunately, the requisite RT hangover morphed into the requisite conference cold. Bleurgh. So there's been very little knitting and very little progress to report. It's hard to work up a knitting rhythm when you have to blow your nose every 6.3 seconds.

But there is good news looming on the horizon. The lovely and talented MB has arranged an outing to The Fold for Saturday. Two area SnB groups will be converging and ransacking the place while poor Toni is off at Maryland Sheep & Wool. Toni will leave behind her son and her dog to contend with us, but even though the son is fully grown and the dog is a German Shepherd, we know we can take them.

Citizens of Murengo, brace yourselves.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kris said...

Socks are looking fantastic!

We are so going to freak out Mark come Saturday;)

Unknown said...

Ransack is right! Yarn ho!