I'm starting to put the word out on some of my knitting lists and fora, and thought I'd also make an announcement here.
Knifty Red and I have decided to knit Alice Starmore's Fulmar pattern from Aran Knitting beginning October 1. This is reputed to be a challenging pattern -- La Starmore herself says it requires patience, and coming from her, that's saying something.
But we're up to the challenge. (We hope! If not -- aaack!) If you want to knit along with us, leave something in the comments letting me know how to get in touch with you or email me at knitterary at gmail dot com, and I will add you to my growing list of interested knitters. I'm thinking we might want to set up a yahoo group for this rather than a blog, because it's easier to ask questions and get feedback on a closed loop. Especially if we crash our knitting into a tree and it ends up looking like twisted, smoking garbage. (Hey. Just sayin. I'm sure we're all far too talented to need the privacy to admit the scope of our disasters, but just in case....)
If you want to see what a finished Fulmar looks like, go here~~
The Wendy's Fulmar
Aran Knitting is one of the less pricey Starmore titles. You can generally find a used copy for around $200-300. Luckily, two of my neighborhood libraries carry the volume. Check your libraries, because this is one Starmore title that manages to pop up in collections pretty frequently.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is going to be fabulous!!!
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment